Location: Lonsdale St, Melbourne
Why you should join us
We’ve built up a team of outstanding and passionate people, and we work hard to keep them. We’re devoted to making Rotageek the best place to work, and so while we work really, really hard, we also have fun and look after our culture, too. We offer plenty of flexibility, amazing team events and lots of opportunities to grow.
We’re looking for a Product Specialist to support our product, QA, design and tech teams to iterate quickly in order to achieve results. You’ll be based in Melbourne, Australia but work in a cross-functional, cross-continent role operating with our teams in London and Melbourne to improve our processes, solve UX/UI issues and deliver our bi-weekly sprints (with as few bugs as possible). This role is a chance to have a real impact, where your contributions make a difference and you will have input into the way the code, culture and product are built at Rotageek.
A few years ago, Rotageek was a small side project; our CEO, an A&E doctor, wanted to improve scheduling in his hospital department. Today, we’re a software company leading the way in reinventing how employees are scheduled.
We’re helping some of the largest UK organisations move from paper and excel based rotas to intelligent and interactive schedules. In doing so, we’re helping employees gain more ownership over their hours - improving their work-life balance - whilst making sure that businesses improve how they run their operations. We use intelligent technology to make sure the right staff are in the right place at the right time, whilst making the process of creating, communicating and modifying a rota as easy as possible.
What we expect from our Product Specialist.
- You have strong management and clear and concise communication skills and are comfortable working in a cross-functional team including product managers, designers and developers.
- You’re capable of encouraging developers, at all levels to write higher quality, testable software.
- You’ll work with both the product team to prioritise the highest impact features and the QA team to ensure that everything we ship is tested and of high quality (this will mean performing both automated and manual testing of the Rotageek platform).
- You empathise with users, love user-centred design and appreciate great UX
- You’ll be able to come up with new product ideas and initiatives that focus on driving value to clients, acquiring new clients and retaining clients.
As the ideal candidate, you...
- Have a proven track record of driving user engagement through experimentation and testing across multiple platforms (mobile and web).
- Are curious about the way technology can impact people and business.
- Have previous experience working in a high tech growth ‘scale-up’ and are at home working in a rapidly-changing, dynamic environment
- Have previous experience with agile and have run sprints before
- You have 2+ years product management/QA experience.
If you think this sounds like something you’d enjoy and excel at, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please send us your CV and a short paragraph explaining why you think you’d make a great Product Specialist.