Senior Full Stack Software Developer
Why you should join us
We’ve built up a team of outstanding and passionate people, and we work hard to keep them. We’re devoted to making Rotageek the best place to work, and so while we work really hard, we also have fun and look after our culture, too. We offer plenty of flexibility, amazing team events and lots of opportunities to grow.
We’re looking for someone who will work closely with our Tech team to help take legacy codebase and refactor it to make it scalable. You’ll make sure it’s squeaky clean without ever sacrificing security. Our growth rate is taking leaps and bounds, so we’re working on refactoring our monolith solution to keep up with our end-user increase and client wins. We also have an extensive backlog of product features which need to be built, so there is lots to keep you busy!
We’re a little obsessive about using the most appropriate tech to solve our problems, so there’s always an opportunity to learn new skills. We’ve built recent features in React instead of Angular as it was the best tech for that situation so the team got to up-skill in that framework. In the backend we’re looking at using NOSQL databases alongside SQL, we’re moving from a single solution to more asynchronous messaging based architecture (eventually microservices) so there’s a real opportunity there to properly architect that. And if you’re interested: we do mobile apps, API development, integrations and all that, too. Easy.
A few years ago, Rotageek was a small side project; our CEO, an A&E doctor, wanted to improve scheduling in his hospital department. Today, we’re a software company leading the way in reinventing how employees are scheduled.
We’re helping some of the largest UK organisations move from paper and excel based rotas to intelligent and interactive schedules. In doing so, we’re helping employees gain more ownership over their hours - improving their work-life balance - whilst making sure that businesses improve how they run their operations. We use intelligent technology to make sure the right staff are in the right place at the right time, whilst making the process of creating, communicating and modifying a rota as easy as possible.
What we expect from our Senior Developer
- You have outstanding software development skills. You write clean, maintainable and technically sound code using OO and SOLID Principles.
- As part of the development team, you’re responsible for the scalability, security and performance of the platform. This responsibility underlines all of your work and it plays on repeat in your head whilst you code away.
- You really want to build something new. You’re comfortable suggesting new and brave ideas, technologies and ways of working.
- You’re super eager, want to learn new technologies and get knee-deep in all areas of the code: front-end, back-end, mobile apps.
- You’re happy to communicate clearly with both techy people as well as the wider business. Meaning you can explain things and not sound like you’re talking about quantum gravity.
- You’re cool with documenting complex processes where needed. We try really hard to keep this to a minimum, but when it must be done it must be done and that’s that.
As the ideal candidate, you need to have…
- C# ASP.NET, MVC, Web API 2
- SOLID Principles
- SQL ideally SQL Server with Entity Framework
- Working in SOA or microservices architecture
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Basic understanding of web markup including HTML5, CSS3
For bonus points you will have experience in...
- NOSQL databases
- Message Queues (Azure service bus, RabbitMQ etc)
- DevOps experience
- REST API