Location: London, Liverpool St
Why you should join us
We’ve built up a team of outstanding and passionate people, and we work hard to keep them. We’re devoted to making Rotageek the best place to work, and so while we work really, really hard, we also have fun and look after our culture, too. We offer plenty of flexibility, amazing team events and lots of opportunities to grow.
Your role in this is to work hand-in-hand with the UX and UI team to develop slick and beautiful HTML/CSS/JS code able to carry our equally as slick and beautiful designs. Whether this is on desktop, tablet, or even phone, our interfaces need to be silky smooth, pixel perfect and it’ll be your job to marry tech and design. In doing so, you’ll be working closely with the back-end team solving complex problems.
We want all our products to be user-centric - so while we’re a B2B business, everything we develop must empathise with users and be lovely to use. Your role will be key in supporting us to do so.
A few years ago, Rotageek was a small side project; our CEO, an A&E doctor, wanted to improve scheduling in his hospital department. Today, we’re a software company leading the way in reinventing how employees are scheduled.
We’re helping some of the largest UK organisations move from paper and excel based rotas to intelligent and interactive schedules. In doing so, we’re helping employees gain more ownership over their hours - improving their work-life balance - whilst making sure that businesses improve how they run their operations. We use intelligent technology to make sure the right staff are in the right place at the right time, whilst making the process of creating, communicating and modifying a rota as easy as possible.
What we expect from our Front End Developer
- Best practices for consistent cross browser/platform/device styling/rendering
- To develop interactive prototypes, used to test new features and products both internally with your team, and externally with customers
- Accurately translate pixel-perfect UI designs into pixel-perfect, clean and valid HTML and CSS, for use in the app
- Work closely with both designers and developers to ensure a cohesive handover from design to code
- Experience in SCSS, jQuery, React or React Native will make you stand out from the rest
As the ideal candidate, you...
- Are familiar with BEM methodology for writing reusable CSS components
- Are familiar with the Atomic Design methodology for creating interface design systems
- Have experience working on a large scale design system for a web application
- Are willing to expand your skill-set by learning new technologies and methods to create higher quality prototypes and code
- Are able to solve any styling bug that might appear on any browser, on any platform, on any device
- Are able to create creative solutions to equally creative problems
- Are not confused by any flexbox, z-index, box-sizing, IE, grid, float, overflow, iOS, font-face, browser, media-query, Android, cursor or pseudo-element bug or quirk because you have seen it all before
If you think this sounds like something you’d enjoy and excel at, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please send us your CV and a short paragraph explaining why you think you’d make a great Front End Dev.
We look forward to hearing from you!